Scenario when I encountered this error:
- I accessed my SharePoint site on another machine.
- I entered a valid user name and password.
- A page appeared saying “Sorry, you don’t have access to this page”.
To solve this, follow the following procedure:
- Go to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Applications.
- Choose a web application that you want to enable anonymous authentication.
- Click Authentication providers on the Security section of Web Applications tab.
- Choose a zone.
- On the Anonymous Access section, tick the Enable anonymous access check box.
There’s a warning, however. This is the message under Anonymous Access section:
You can enable anonymous access for sites on this server or disallow anonymous access for all sites. Enabling anonymous access allows site administrators to turn anonymous access on. Disabling anonymous access blocks anonymous users in the web.config file for this zone.
Note: If anonymous access is turned off when using Forms authentication mode, Forms aware client applications may fail to authenticate correctly.