So I had this experience with my laptop which runs Windows 10. Every time I insert my SD card, the Windows doesn’t seem to react, or maybe it’s the hardware’s fault. What I did is this:
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Find the card reader. In my laptop, it’s under Memory technology devices > Realtek PCIE CardReader.
- Right-click the particular card reader that you are using then click Disable.
- Wait for a second to completely disable. Then right-click again to Enable.
- At last! My SD card is now being read. 🙂
This works for me every time, although I do not know exactly the cause. I haven’t researched anything about it, I just thought of disabling / enabling it via Device Manager. 🙂