Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 64-bit
When running a task to configure data sources for GCD or object store, an error occurs that says “Failed to connect to data source”, and that you should check if the details you have entered are correct for it to connect to the database.
I am not yet sure of the exact cause, but it seems that there is some kind of problem with accessing through the port (1433).
Solution I did:
- Go to SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Expand SQL Server Network Configuration.
- Right-click TCP/IP and select Properties.
- Under IP Address tab, on the IPAll section, enter 1433 in TCP Dynamic Ports field.
- Under Protocol tab, changed Enabled field to Yes.
- Restart SQL Server (InstanceName).
- Retry running the task in IBM FileNet Configuration Manager. It should return a successful message.
If anyone knows the exact cause of the problem, feel free to comment on this post! 🙂